- 71% of internet users use an OTT service at least once a month.
- Consumers have a voracious appetite for content, in fact a large majority of OTT HHs also have a multichannel subscription.
- Nearly one-third of OTT subscribers hold three or more means of accessing OTT content, an eight-fold increase over just the last two years.
- 45% of streamers say it’s important to them to be able to watch TV programs “on the go,” while 81% say it’s important to them to watch TV programs whenever they want.
- Currently, advertising comprises 45% of all online video revenue and is projected to grow to almost 60% over the next 10 years.
- 65% of people who use a second screen while streaming have looked up info on a product that’s been advertised in a TV show.
We've also produced a companion directory for "You Down With OTT" which provides an in-depth overview of "who's who" within the ad-supported OTT ecosystem. This directory focuses on the major players across OTT video devices and services, MVPDs and ad-tech networks and platforms.
OTT Streaming Services and Devices Ecosystem
Collectively, Subscribers Also Find Acquired Network TV Series to be More Enjoyable Than Original Content on These Services