ACTIVATIONS MARKETING MANAGER
We are looking for an Activations Marketing Manager to join our team at VAB to help drive visibility of VAB and our work within the marketing and advertising industry.
What is VAB?
We believe in inspiring marketers to think differently.
At our core, we are an insights-driven organization whose mission it is to help marketers make smarter, more educated media strategy decisions. How do we do it? By writing and marketing insights content on a variety of topics marketers care about such as cross-platform measurement, video consumption behaviors, demographic trends, attribution, TV buying innovation, multicultural marketing, video streaming and device usage. We also develop & speak on panels, write op-eds, produce events and host webinars. Why do we do it? We want to help advertisers solve their business challenges and drive overall brand growth.
We are a small and nimble organization of curious, friendly, ambitious and passionate employees. We are analysts, strategists, avid cyclists, marketers, world-travelers, researchers, TV-lovers and corn hole champions.
The VAB is supported by our Board of Directors as well as our members such as NBCUniversal, ViacomCBS, ABC Disney, Spectrum, Univision, Cadent, Amobee, iSpot & Discovery to just name a few.
Learn more about VAB here.
Get to know our co-workers here.
We’ve been in the news. Read about that here.
Position Overview: Marketing & Social Media Junior Associate
Looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a trusted environment and truly make an impact?
This is an exciting role at the VAB that is focused on helping the team communicate key messages to the marketing industry through earned, owned and paid initiatives. This role will include both marketing and social media responsibilities.
The position is part of the VAB Marketing & Communications team, reporting to the VP of Marketing & Partnerships. We need a bright-minded marketer and skilled communicator who is process-driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail (very important!) and sense of accountability. The responsibilities of this position will be approximately 80% marketing and 20% social.
- VAB Insights content is industry renowned. Help bring this content to life by developing, executing/editing and promoting VAB programs including webinars, podcasts, etc.
- We just redesigned our website! You’ll be responsible for keeping the website continually updated through back-end CMS logistics, building landing pages for our activations, and maintaining & organizing website content weekly.
- VAB has the ear of the most influential leaders in our industry. You’ll manage our email database and work within MailChimp to set up and execute email campaigns - also conduct email data analysis for marketing automation.
- Bring our exciting events to life. Help execute and promote our annual VAB event (either virtual or in person)
- Get your creative juices flowing. You’ll help design marketing materials such as emails, sponsorship/ad campaign graphics and social media assets for VAB activities and partnerships.
- We are vocal in our industry. You’ll maintain our Activations Database and promote our speaking appearances, op-eds and other activations on our website, through email marketing and social media.
- Track our success. You’ll pull and analyze data & generate reports to see how we’re doing on our KPIs.
- Let’s get Social.
- Manage paid social campaigns from end to end – campaign set-up, understand algorithms to identify KPIs, perform day-to-day maintenance, optimization, pacing analysis, and track & evaluate performance
- Build and grow social media presence by creating unique and compelling content that drives brand awareness, signups to our website and downloads to VAB content
- 3-5 years minimum of professional experience, from media or marketing/advertising industry.
- Have strong interest and knowledge of the advertising industry and, specifically, the video advertising landscape.
- Be familiar with VAB Insights and be comfortable working with research, data & analytics and be able to articulate messaging .
- Must have a strong understanding of social ecosystem, paid social strategy,ad formats, audience targeting, budgeting, tracking and best practices.
- Creative writing skills
- Must have a self-starter mentality, possess time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Graphic design experience- knowledge of Illustrator is a must (and photoshop a plus!).
- Knowledge of website management programs/CMS preferred (we use October).
- Experience optimizing for SEO/SEM a plus.
- Must be process-driven, collaborative with unwavering organizational skills, pay meticulous attention to details along with a strong sense of accountability.
Why is VAB different?
- We care about your work / life balance: Summer Fridays, flexible WFH schedule
- We care about your health & wellness: Gym reimbursement (we pay you to work out!), mental health days
- We care about your career path: Direct exposure to senior leaders means you’ll have mentors that can support, train and guide you. We promote from within – check out these 3 employees who started their careers at VAB and have advanced.
- We care about collaboration: Be a part of the VAB Young Leaders Committee to get to know and learn from your peers.
- We care about empowering you: As a small organization, all ideas are welcome and we are nimbly able to implement.
- We care about investing in you: Great health benefits and matched 401k
- We care about Inclusivity: We walk the talk. We embrace diversity and work hard to foster an inclusive environment. Check out our recently produced Diversity Summit, bringing together 30 DEI leaders to inspire fresh thinking and ignite actual change in the workplace, in our lives and communities.
- We win awards: 3 of our female senior leaders won industry awards just in the last year along with an undustry award for our work!
Work for a team that genuinely cares for one another.
We are looking forward to speaking with those that are willing to work hard, eager to apply their knowledge, as well as learn new skills. If this role describes you and you want to work with us, please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position to [email protected]. Please put the title of the position with your name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
*This is an NYC based position, currently hybrid.
You have questions. We have answers.
Get immediate access to our Insights library.