VAB INSPIRE: Online Webinar Learning Series
We are kicking off 2021 with new industry insights and new partners with VAB INSPIRE- the Winter Series where we will provide important information and actionable insights for marketers.
In these sessions we will answer questions on what’s new in streaming, diversity & inclusion, multicultural marketing, the halo effect of TV, the affects of audience migration of the US population, the power of storytelling and the power of cross-platform TV advertising in the new wave of TV. You'll hear from James Rothwell, VP Global Agency, Brand & Industry Relations, Comcast Advertising, President of TVSquared, Jo Kinsella and more.
These 30-minute sessions will help you make informed decisions that will inform your media strategies and help protect and grow your brand.
Presentation decks are available to VAB members and marketers here.
Sea Change: Custom Research on the Latest Video Streaming Behaviors and Trends
This session will provide highlights from VAB’s recently released custom study, A Sea Change, a look at current video streaming behaviors. We'll discuss: The latest on the current dynamics in video streaming behaviors – who is streaming, how much and where. The opportunities for both platforms and marketers as ad-supported streaming services are gaining momentum and viewership. What the future of video streaming may hold as these trends and behaviors continue into 2021 and beyond.
- The latest on the current dynamics in video streaming behaviors – who is streaming, how much and where.
- The opportunities for both platforms and marketers as ad-supported streaming services are gaining momentum and viewership.
- What the future of video streaming may hold as these trends and behaviors continue into 2021 and beyond.
Do the Right Thing: The Business Impact of Multicultural Marketing
Marketers know the importance of being inclusive and embracing diversity, but what impact do those campaigns have in delivering brand KPIs?
- How ad campaigns with a core message of diversity and inclusion deliver stronger brand results.
- How these results can impact a brand throughout the funnel, from driving awareness and preference metrics down to sales and searches.
- How you can better engage multicultural audiences by understanding the campaign themes and strategies that have proven successful.
The Halo Effect: TV as a Growth Engine
The traditional ‘marketing playbook’ assumes that brands should wait until they are more established before advertising on TV. However, over the last few years, many brands have upended that playbook and started accelerating their path to TV. In this session you'll hear from VAB's Jason Wiese, SVP, Director of Strategic Insights and James Rothwell, VP Global Agency, Brand & Industry Relations, Comcast Advertising.
- No brand is too young to benefit from TV. The analysis of nearly 200 brands proves young brands experienced a +138% increase in web traffic after advertising on TV, a much greater increase than that of older brands. Younger brands reap the most benefits from accelerating their path to TV.
- Both DTC brands and non-DTC brands enjoy the halo effect of TV driving traffic to their digital storefronts. Across all life stages, both DTC and non-DTC brands saw an immediate double-digit increase in unique visitors to their digital platforms during their TV launch months.
- Brands that “test and learn” are rewarded. Brands who begin a ‘test and learn’ phase quickly scaled up their investment, resulting in an average of an 80% increase in website traffic.
Audience Migration: How to Unlock $4 trillion in Consumer Spending
Today, people 50+ account for nearly half of the US population. Yet, brands continue to buy TV ads based on adults 18-49 years of age, missing an audience that controls nearly 4 out of 10 purchasing dollars. With plenty of disposable income and more time on their hands, adults 55+ are more active and spend more than millennials.
- How traditional buying demographics have not kept up with shifting population trends and the aging of America.
- The upside for marketers who embrace the purchasing power and buying habits of adults 55+.
- By taking an audience-based approached and opening media buying to all adults, focusing on interests and behaviors rather than age, marketers can unlock access to consumers spending nearly $4 trillion annually.
Realize the Power of Cross-Platform TV Advertising: Exploring the Roles of Measurement, Outcomes & Audience in the New Wave of TV
Learn from real-world examples and explore best practices to make cross-platform TV advertising a reality, and the greatest driver for achieving brand and business goals. In this session you'll hear from VAB EVP Danielle DeLauro and President of TVSquared, Jo Kinsella.
- How to quantify reach extension across OTT and linear.
- How to apply attribution and measurement for brand and response initiatives.
- How to better inform your TV strategy, from upfront to newfronts and everything in between.
The Power of Storytelling: Using Data to Communicate with Greater Impact
With so much data and information available to marketers (and so often), it’s more important than ever to be able to synthesize data into a clear narrative that is insightful and actionable.
- The fundamentals of storytelling.
- Why storytelling is important for brands and platforms.
- The secret sauce – a peak inside the process of those who are transforming raw data into meaningful, actionable narratives.
As always, please feel free to turn to us and remember you can always reach out to our Insights team for any specific questions you may have.
You have questions. We have answers.
Get immediate access to our Insights library.