The Five Things You Need to Know
Fall 2020 Series
A members-only series equipping you with the latest data, trends and insights to successfully navigate the marketplace and sell multiscreen TV
We’re pleased to bring you this new series, The Five Things You Need to Know, to support you as you meet with clients and advertisers. In these 20-minute sessions we’ll prepare you with the essential data, trends and insights you need to know as you navigate the marketplace. Our unique “marketer’s lens” means you’ll get an insider’s perspective on what advertisers are looking for when developing multiscreen strategies and buys.
If your company is a member, and you haven't received a link to the sessions, please reach out to Marjory HERE.
Session 1: The Five New Opportunities for Your New Business Prospecting
Did you know that despite the uncertainty brought about by the pandemic, nearly $460 million entered the national TV marketplace in 1H 2020 from 110 first-time national advertisers across 59 categories. What we’ll cover:
- See where the opportunity is - which categories are growing.
- Learn who the new players are – get a list of these new brands who’ve started on TV and how much they are spending.
- Learn which brands launched particularly in response to the pandemic and are poised to grow in the future.
- With all the discussion about advertisers’ hesitation to spend, see how Q2 spend, the height of the pandemic, compared to Q1.
- Get an insider’s look at what buying strategies these first-time TV advertisers are employing.
Session 2: The Five Things You Need to Know to Sell Cross-Screen Packages
Prepare yourself as you pitch agencies and advertisers multiscreen packages. Be ready with the latest stats and insights showing how quickly consumers are adopting streaming platforms and layering AVOD services into their video viewing. What we’ll cover:
- Why the opportunity is ripe now for a multiscreen strategy - how COVID has accelerated trial & adoption of streaming platforms.
- What consumers are looking for in a streaming platform (and therefore, what advertisers are looking for as they select platforms for their video plans).
- The increased importance of AVOD platforms as part of the streaming experience. What consumers expect (and therefore, what advertisers are looking for) in the ad experience of streaming platforms.
- How advertisers are evolving their budgeting to account for shifts towards streaming/OTT.
Session 3: The Five Reasons Why Now is the Time to Advertise (on Multiscreen TV)
With the economic uncertainty brought on by the pandemic, many advertisers are asking “Should I continue to advertise? Should I continue to advertise on TV” and, importantly, “How do I prove the ROI to my CFO and other stakeholders?” What we’ll cover:
- The importance of “brand.” Why it’s important to build connections and stay top of mind with consumers.
- When it comes to advertising options, why video has the advantage that builds brands and drives action.
- Why advertising during a downturn can be a catalyst for growth. Clear data that shows that brands that advertise during a downturn reap both short- and long-term benefits.
- The heightened appetite for content driving increased trial of AVOD platforms.
- See the clear correlation of TV spend to impact (website traffic, sales, revenue). Over the last 6 years, we’ve done 17 attribution analyses looking at hundreds of brands and we can prove that TV works.
Many of our members have asked us to share these presentations and we are now happy to make those available to you and your colleagues. If you'd like to access the presentations, please reach out to us here.
You have questions. We have answers.
Get immediate access to our Insights library.