Multicultural Marketing Resource Center
As always, we're here to help
VAB will always embrace equality and support efforts of diversity and inclusion. We are also committed to helping marketers create strategies and campaigns that engage multicultural audiences.
This Resource Center was created to help marketers develop inclusive marketing strategies. The guides, reports, videos and infographics below offer education on the unique media consumption behaviors of Black, Hispanic and Asian consumers and provide marketers with tangible, actionable insights. As we escalate our commitment to increased inclusivity, this Resource Center will be continuously updated.
VAB Multicultural Marketing Analyses
- MARKETER FAQ - What does authentic representation mean to diverse audiences? Watch this powerful session with Nancy Diaz, Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at AIMM, Renetta McCann, Chief Inclusion Experience Officer at Publicis Groupe, Nicole Hughey, Chief Diversity Officer at Sirius-XM + Pandora, Angela Guy, Chief Diversity Officer at L’Oréal.
- MARKETER FAQ - The business & branding benefits of inclusive marketing campaigns Watch this inspiring session with Sean Cunningham, President & CEO, VAB as he talks with Albert Thompson, Managing Director, Digital, Walton Isaacson, Roberto Ruiz, EVP, Research, Insights and Analytics, Univision and Zulema Baez, VP Strategic Accounts & Political Sales, Adsmovil on how marketers can truly embrace this inclusivity with inspirational success strategies, data & insights, and proof that inclusive marketing impacts their bottom line.
- MARKETER FAQ - What does authentic representation mean to diverse audiences? Representation of diverse audiences is a top priority for marketers, and the key to positive engagement with these consumers is always authenticity. This piece will share quotes and experiences directly from Black, Hispanic, Asian, Indigenous American and LGBTQ+ audiences so you can better understand how these audiences define ‘representation’ and why accurate portrayals of all identities is so important in programming and advertising.
- MARKETER FAQ - What is the market opportunity for the LGBTQ+ community? Marketers may find the LGBTQ+ community challenging to understand as research for this self-identifying group can be limited and sometimes age-biased (older generations tend to under-identify). However, understanding this segment is important for marketers who are creating inclusive plans that truly reflect the consumer spectrum.
This short piece provides marketers with the latest demographics and buying styles of the LGBTQ+ community, giving you a deeper understanding of them as consumers and the opportunity to better engage them.
- MARKETER FAQ - How can I best use video to connect with influential Asian American consumers? Last November, we highlighted the growth, buying power and rising influence of Asian-Americans. They are the fastest growing segment, with higher education and income levels than the average adult and are leading tastemakers in technology and culture. Now, we’re answering the next logical question when thinking about this lucrative audience – how can I best use video to engage with them?
- MARKETER FAQ - How Can My Brand Leverage the Strength of the Rising Latina Consumer Through Video? Given that 1 in 5 women in the U.S. is Hispanic, there’s a large opportunity for marketers to grow their brand by targeting this audience. Furthermore, Latina Americans are established influencers and household decision makers, and their buying power has grown +38% in recent years.
In this release, we explore how to authentically connect with this loyal audience through relevant video content and relatable advertising.
- MARKETER FAQ - How does on-screen representation deepen engagement with Black consumers and drive business impact for brands? As American society evolves and the population becomes more diverse, there is a greater demand for accurate, on-screen representation and inclusivity in both programming and advertising, particularly within the Black community.
This short read will unlock insights that will allow you to drive awareness, strengthen engagement and boost positive business outcomes among Black Americans.
- MARKETER FAQ - What Types of Content Are Diverse Audiences More Likely to Stream With so many content choices to include in their streaming ad campaigns, marketers often ask how they should prioritize programming based on what's most relevant to their target audiences. This is particularly true when developing culturally inclusive marketing plans. For five audience groups, including Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, and LGBTQ, this quick insights piece will highlight the streaming content they are more likely to watch as compared to other audiences.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging in Streaming In this piece, you’ll learn why multiscreen TV companies and streaming platforms are investing heavily in diversity initiatives, providing marketers with more opportunities to support, and authentically engage with multicultural consumers.
- An American Phenomenon: The Growing Influence and Value of Asian American Consumers Asian Americans are the fastest growing ethnic group in America and hold a tremendous influence on popular culture and in the mainstream media, in this piece we explain the importance of this consumer segment, why they are such a lucrative group for marketers and how brands can authentically connect with them.
- A Fresh Take A Trillion Dollar Opportunity: How to Connect with Hispanic Consumers Through Streaming In this piece, we share how you can engage the Hispanic audience through streaming video and access a trillion dollars of consumer spending.
- A Fresh Take On: Engaging Black Consumers In this A Fresh Take On, we shine a light on Black consumers' significant spending power and offer marketers specific ways to best engage them. From creative messaging to media mix to programming, we share with you what's proven to be the most meaningful and likely to drive business outcomes.
- Do the Right Thing: How Embracing Diversity and Inclusion in Campaigns Drives Brand Outcomes We embrace equality and are committed to supporting efforts of diversity and inclusion. Our new report demonstrates how embracing diversity and inclusion in advertising campaigns drives brand outcomes.
- A Second Look: 10 Slides to Diversify Your Marketing Strategy We've compiled 10 must see charts from our Insights content that focus on examining the media behaviors of Black, Hispanic and Asian consumers, providing you with tangible, actionable insights and inspiration for embracing inclusivity.
- Discover the Difference: How Culturally Relevant Video Drives Action By Multicultural Audiences Did you know Black, Hispanic and Asian Americans will account for 40% of the U.S. population by 2023 and currently spend $2.2 Trillion annually? For an in-depth look at our study’s findings, download the full marketer’s guide or check out the highlights in our recap video.
- Committed: Exploring Multicultural Viewers’ Passionate Relationship with TV Programming Multicultural viewers are particularly passionate for TV content and have a deep connection to their favorite programs, characters and personalities. To learn about how these bonds foster engagement and attentiveness within these audience segments, download our report or view the infographic.
- Bridging the Gap: Utilizing Addressable TV To Extend Hispanic-Targeted Reach Build credibility against Hispanic consumers and see how the precision targeting of Addressable TV can be utilized to deliver incremental reach, relevancy and personalization against Spanish-speaking Hispanics. To learn more about how to extend Hispanic targeted reach with Addressable TV, view our report.
VAB Multicultural Marketing References
- VAB IMPACT Diversity Leadership Summit We feature 30 industry professionals offering fresh perspectives and their personal experiences, inspiring how marketers could re-think their decision-making around diversity, inclusion and belonging in their lives, in our industry and communities. We focus on actionable takeaways around topics such as: unconscious bias, inclusive leadership, cultural relevancy in advertising, inclusive marketing, equity and belonging in the workplace and more.
- Audience Migration: Leveraging Population Shifts To Unlock $4 Trillion In Buying Power An exploration on how traditional buying demographics have not kept up with shifting population trends and the aging of America, the upside for marketers who embrace the purchasing power and buying habits of adults 55+.
- #Alone Together: Culture in the Time of COVID-19 In this custom analysis, we take the cultural pulse of the country to see what people are most talking about on Twitter. You'll learn how marketers can find and build connections to committed, engaged and attentive viewers. Learn more about how multicultural audiences in particular were highly engaged.
- As Time Goes By: How Media Consumption Is Helping America Cope We dig into how the pandemic is impacting consumers and media behavior and explore opportunities around increased adoption of new technologies, devices and platforms. This custom analysis includes all demos across gender, race and ethnicity and will provide you with actionable insights to strengthen your brand.
- The Best Seats in the House: A Custom Study Exploring Sports Fans’ Viewing Preferences We conducted a custom research study of over 1,000 sports fans, ranging from casual to avid with additional analysis across age, gender, and ethnicity. Did you know multicultural sports fans are heavier sports TV viewers – 60% of Black fans and 58% Of Hispanic fans watch live sports at least every other day.
- Left To Your Own Devices: January 2021 A comprehensive overview on the evolution of device usage across age demographics and ethnicities with an emphasis on the growth of TV-connected devices and changing consumption habits across video platforms.
- LTYOD: Q1 '20 Provides early indicators of changed media consumption, the expanded value of the news genre among ‘work-from-home’ viewers and updated data on average media consumption across all demos.
- LTYOD: Q4 '19 Offers unique and exciting updates to our analysis with recently released Q4 2019 data helping you stay up-to-date with consumption habits and device usage across major demographics.
- LTYOD: Q3 '19 Connected devices give consumers a variety of ways to access video content anywhere and everywhere they are. See the break down by video segmentation, consumption and device usage in our analysis.
- TV @ the Epicenter of American Society: Driving Commerce, Communal Experiences, Culture and Change TV’s ‘scale of voice’ can influence public policy while also changing people’s opinions and perceptions around hot button issues. Learn more about how TV brands permeate popular culture and affect societal change. View Volume I and Volume II and watch the recap video here.
- Start Your Engines: How TV Accelerates Automotive Buyers‘ Path to Purchase In this custom study of auto shoppers, we examine the influence of media channels through the consumer’s decision-making process. Among Blacks and Hispanics, TV has an even greater influence - almost double any other medium.
- The Surround Sound of Cinema: Examining How Movies Permeate American Culture Our analysis dives into the reach of cinema and its ability to create cultural change. Our findings in this two-report series shines a light on the tremendous impact cinema has on our daily lives.
We are proud to work with our peers in the industry to bring change.
If you are looking for specific multicultural focused agencies, our multicultural marketing agency directory will help you identify those agencies by discipline and location.
You have questions. We have answers.
Get immediate access to our Insights library.